I can offer a unique package of psychological support to schools which is tailored to your specific needs. This might involve a one off visit to carry out an assessment or training, or a longer term commitment to working regularly with the school.
As a trained and experienced Teacher and Educational Psychologist I understand education, how schools work, and how psychology can be used to support staff and students via individual work, advice, support and training.
Having worked as a Clinical Psychologist in the NHS for over 9 years with children, adolescents and their families experiencing emotional difficulties or mental health problems, I have a wealth of clinical experience in therapeutic work, risk assessment and management, and offering supervision and training.
As a secondary school governor for over 3 years I am also aware of the expectations placed on schools by government and the importance of ensuring quality of learning for all pupils, particularly those who are most vulnerable.
Examples of projects I have recently been involved in:
- Regular teaching to classes of Year 9 students around mental health and self-harm.
- Providing training to teachers in school on mental health issues.
- Individual therapeutic work with children experiencing low mood, anxiety, trauma or self harm.
- Carrying out detailed educational assessments which contribute to Education health care plans (EHCP).
- Running Mindfulness groups for students and adults. (Especially helpful for teenage boys with ASC)
- Working together with children and their parents to improve communication and relationships.
- Assessing children for developmental or learning difficulties, such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Working with young people who experience long term health problems such as Diabetes and Epilepsy.
In my work I use a variety of therapeutic approaches including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution focused brief therapy
- Systemic and family therapy
Please contact me to discuss your requirements.